To Our Valued Customers,
On March 23, 2020 Gov. Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-21 which curtailed business operations and ordered residents to stay home during the state of emergency in Michigan. This Executive Order was extended, expanded (EO 2020-42) and is in effect until May 15, 2020. Tilecraft determined we will temporarily shut down during this Executive Order. The health and safety of our staff and customers is a top priority. It is a very challenging time for us all, as we balance the government regulations, safety, and responsibilities of our business for you, our valued customer, and our staff. We appreciate your understanding and can’t wait until we reopen our business fully.
Over the several weeks much has transpired which has changed the business climate and caused uncertainty in the marketplace. While we at Tilecraft Inc. take the threat of illness as a result of the Covid-19 virus very seriously, we also recognize that the economic impact to customers, staff, and businesses in general will also be significant. We believe it is important to implement strategies which will protect our guests, vendors and staff while also maintaining efficient and high-quality service.
In order to best accomplish those goals when we re-open, we have implemented the following policies and changes that we would like to make you aware of so you are at ease when conducting business with Tilecraft Inc.:
Job Site Installation Procedures
- Prior to measuring or installation we are contacting customers/contractors to verify they are not nor have been ill within the past 72 hour period (3 days). If a customer/contractor is uncomfortable with having us in their home we are rescheduling until a time when they are comfortable.
- We are not knowingly allowing any staff in homes if they have been ill or recently in contact with others who are ill.
- We will work with our customers and contractors to prioritize projects. We ask all to be patient during these challenging times as we do our best we can with the backlog of work.
- When installers arrive at a customer’s home, they will utilize hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes before entering and after leaving a jobsite and use good hygiene practices and personal protective equipment as needed.
- We believe it is important to keep our showrooms open and available for customers to see product and make selections. However, we will temporarily close each day from 12:00pm -1:00pm to clean and sanitize. Traverse City and Frankfort showrooms will remain open by appointment. Please call 231-929-7207 or 231- 352-8130 and we will be happy to schedule an appointment.
- Signage will be posted at each entrance with current restrictions for anyone entering Showrooms. Additionally, there will be a visitor log to record anyone who enters the facility. Information will include name, date and in/out times.
- Due to implementing additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures, our showroom hours of operation will be Monday-Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- Samples handled in the course of appointments are set aside and cleaned prior to placing back on racks. Also, new and enhanced safety and cleaning measures will be followed throughout our Showrooms as well as other areas of our business.
Offices and Warehouse
- Our office and warehouse remain open for business as usual with added attention to cleaning and preventative measures to ensure a healthy and productive staff.
- Order pick up need to be scheduled to better serve and protect everyone. Social distancing and wearing of masks and other appropriate PPE will be practiced.
- To schedule your warehouse pick-up time, call us at least 1 hour in advance at 231-929-7207. Open accounts will be billed directly or prepay by credit card.
- Signage will be posted at each entrance with current restrictions for anyone entering office and warehouse spaces.
Keeping our guests, vendors and staff safe and preventing the spread of COVID-19 is our top priority. We will continue practicing social distancing, no handshakes, just smiles. We are sorry for the inconvenience of reduced hours, but pledge to have a safe working and showroom environment to the best of our abilities.
We thank you for your patience during this time and look forward to serving you in the near future.
Thank you, stay healthy, safe and positive,
PLEASE NOTE: Our procedures may change as new information becomes available. We will continue to keep you updated.